Coronavirus/COVID 19 Update 18th March 2020
With sadness, we share the news that with immediate effect and until further notice, our shelter premises are CLOSED TO WALK-IN VISITORS. Please note our Easter Road charity shop is also CLOSED until further notice.
For the time being, we want to continue to rehome the cats in our care but we will be moving to an APPOINTMENT-BASED visitation system.
To make an appointment, please call our shelter on 01875 821025 (9am til 5pm daily). During the call we will discuss your requirements and will talk your through our rehoming questionnaire. If we have a cat with us who we feel may suit you, you will be invited to make an appointment to visit.
* Only those who will be permanently living with the cat should attend the appointment
* On arrival, please ring the bell next to the brown gate fence/beep your horn, and someone will let you in – our doors will be locked
* All visitors must use the hand sanitiser available in reception on arrival, and prior to departing our premises
* We would prefer payment by card to minimise the need for cash handling
If you currently have a reservation in place on a cat at our shelter, please give us a call prior to heading out to collect your cat so we can manage inter-person contact at our premises.
As before -DO NOT ENTER OUR PREMISES if you or any member of your family:
* Have been confirmed, or are suspected, to have, Covid-19 or have been in close contact with anyone in this position
* Have been under self-isolation for Covid-19 or are experiencing symptoms consistent with Covid-19 (persistent cough, sore throat, fever).
* Have recently visited an affected region
ASSISTANCE GETTING A CAT INTO OUR SHELTER
At present, we are still admitting cats in need to our shelter as we have capacity to do so. If you need assistance with a stray cat or would like to discuss relinquishing your cat to us, please call 01875 820125 (9am til 5pm daily) to make arrangements.
STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS
At present, all staff and existing volunteers remain healthy. Thank you to all who have offered volunteer support – at this time our current support levels remain sufficient to ensure the cats in our care are well looked after, and we are not currently taking on new volunteers.
DONATIONS FOR THE CATS
Many people have asked us “what do you need?” and we are so very grateful to everyone who is keeping us and our 4-legged friends in their thoughts at this incredibly challenging time.
At the moment, our stocks of cat food and litter, which are our main cat consumables, are good and we are not in a crisis situation. We do however have fixed overheads which need to be met, regardless of how much or how little we are able to generate in the coming months via rehoming and our fundraising activities. So to answer the “What do you need?” question: if you feel able, we would be extremely grateful for monetary donations. You can donate online, you can post a cheque, or you could set up a standing order with your bank – our account details are available by clicking here, along with other ways you can donate to us. We would prefer people don’t visit our shelter to make a monetary donation at this time.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding. Like everyone else, we are feeling our way through a landscape which is changing daily, and we continue to strive to do the best we can.